Against the backdrop of a reality that is moving ever faster, and which does not allow us to pause and reflect, Alchimia responds with an idea that swims against the tide: OXYGEN O2.
This is not an academic course.
This is not an intensive or summer course.
OXYGEN O2 is a way of dedicating time to yourself, finding new avenues for your own creative research, and formulating your own personalised study programme.
This opportunity has been conceived for people who are already independent with regards to the techniques of jewellery making, who want to once again become ‘students’ within a lively and stimulating environment, and who are looking for a space where they can experiment and regenerate their own creative capacity, in a city that is famous all over the world for its artistic and cultural heritage.
Each edition of OXYGENO2 lasts 3 months, during which it is possible to formulate an open study programme based on your own needs and objectives.
LOCATION: Alchimia, Piazza Piattellina 3/r, Firenze
COST: € 5.000
DURATION: 3 MONTHS (12 weeks)
– from SEP to DEC
– from JAN to APR
– from APR to JUL
Monday to Friday: 9.00-18.00
OXYGEN O2 programme:
- 2-WEEK INTENSIVE COURSE, either consecutively or divided into two one-week courses.
The programme of the intensive course is planned between the student and the teacher and is usually based on learning a particular technique or finding solutions to specific technical problems.
- 4 SESSIONS ON CRITIQUING
The critiquing sessions are opportunities for discussions on projects and their potential evolution.
- FULLY-EQUIPPED WORKBENCH WITH FLAME AND TOOLBOX
- THEORETICAL LESSONS:
HISTORY OF ART, HISTORY OF JEWELLERY, HISTORY OF CONTEMPORARY JEWELLERY, HISTORY OF CONTEMPORARY ART
- 1 Technical lesson per week to be scheduled according to the academic calendar and available teachers.
- 1 Participation in a WEEKEND COURSE
- Access to the Alchimia Library.
- Firenze state Museums Card: prioritised access for 5 days with a Passpartout ticket. This is valid for 5 consecutive days and allows access once to Uffizi, Palazzo Pitti, Boboli gardens, the Archaeological Museum and the Opificio Delle Pietre Dure.
- Ticket to 1 Museum in Florence (free choice).
WHO IS IT FOR?
OXIGEN O2 has been conceived for jewellery artists who are already at an advanced technical level, with an independent spirit and the capacity to share.
Portfolio + CV + cover letter + associated project